Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pisa

Told you about the jetlag thing. 
Ciao!
Today we took a treno (train) from Firenze to Pisa. The train ride was about an hour long. Beautiful, beautiful ride there. Such pretty green fields and with gold, tan, and maroon colored buildings. I actually noticed a lot of graffiti as well at the train stations. If you are wondering what Italian graffiti looks like....


It looks pretty much the same as American or Swiss graffiti.


I was feeling kind of sick on the train. We slept in till 10:00 this morning and then we had a cappuccino and a croissant at our hotel. The croissant was so super duper buttery that I'm convinced my veins are flowing with it now. The belt on my dress felt a bit on the suffocating side and I was feeling mega nauseated. So, I skipped out on lunch once we got to Pisa.
Your mouth will probably drop open when I tell you this: I will not be writing a whole lot tonight... compared to the usual amount that is. You know what? I don't even care if you are smiling with relief at this. I am pretty dang dong tired and just do not give a rat's tail (fun saying) about the little side remarks concocting in your head right now.


Remember how I said it takes about 3 days to adjust to the time zone, well, I am still adjusting. Mom said I feel disorientated because my body is still getting adjusted to everything going on. The change of food. The change of time. The change of air quality--dang smokers!!!


Boy, do I just jump around like a freaking kangaroo... So, we got to the city of Pisa and my, oh my, oh my, what a beautiful city. The buildings there are just bursting with color: golds, tans, faded whites, and blues. Every building has shutters, either a hunter green color or maroon.


We walked down the alleyways from the train station until we found the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Yes, the thing actually leans. And yes, everyone there takes the classic "tourist picture" with their hand outstretched as if they are leaning against it. I took that same picture and felt slightly ridiculous doing so, but hey, I was in PISA for crying out loud, you sort of have an obligation to get that shot in before you leave.


For some reason I was under the notion that the city of Pisa had some normal Italian buildings with several large green grassy fields, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and that's it. Nope! There are a few other buildings around and instead of describing them to you because *dramatically sighs* I am one day behind on my blog postings and need to keep up my describing abilities for the next post, which I have yet to write tonight. 


Question: How am I doing on my blogposts so far? I would love your input. Is this one way to short and not adequate enough... and what about my other ones??? 
Input. 
Input. 
Input... please! *smiles innocently* (No resisting the innocent smile.)


So here an assortment of the pictures I took, while touring around Pisa. Enjoy! 








Lovely mosaic of Madonna and Child.


Such beautiful colors!!! 


Chillin' with Mr. P. There are tons and tons of Pinocchio souvenirs here in Italy.  



Classic Tourist Picture! 

My momma!!! 


She Wolf. 







The end. (I have a mega headache right now... ewe.)


Arrivederci! 

No comments:

Post a Comment