Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fun Times in Germany: Part 1

Ciao, my lovely blog readers!!! 


This is SO me right now. 
Oh my goodness gracious people... It is 19:39 right now and I know I promised you that I would write another blogpost tonight, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I'm still super duper alley-ooper jetlagged... and dude, it isn't even funny how badly my head aches because of it. 


Here is my mantra for the night:
I think I can 
I think I can
I think I can
Ok, so I type in "I think I can" into Google Images and this is what I get... Hmm...? 
Well, actually it should sound a little more like this: 
I know I can
I know I can 
I know I can 


I think I am going to cry I am so tired... actually if you think about it... if I was THAT tired I wouldn't have the energy to cry. 
Well, Miss Amanda, I'm not crying so there's your freaking answer gosh...
Let's get through this post shall we before I pass out on my keyboard. I need to plug in my iPod first. Hold on... well you don't really have to wait all that long anyhow because you can just read ahead... duh...
Ok good... got my music going. Things are a little bit better for me right now. 
Hurray! 
But you don't care.
Well, maybe you do that's a little rude of me to be so judgmental. If you REALLY didn't care you wouldn't be reading this blog. 


Good god Amanda... WRITE YOUR FREAKING POST ALREADY. 
Fine. Gosh. So demanding aren't you. 


Where did we leave off last time?
Do you remember?
I certainly remember.
But seriously do you remember...?
Oh whoops... forgot I can't here your answer. Silly me. I really am tired. Going nuts here. 


Ok, so last time we left off was at the Freiburg train station, in Germany, of course. 
Uta found me and I was thanking the heavens that I wasn't going to be stranded ALL ALONE in a foreign country with no contacts. Yeah, that would kind of suck. 
I followed Uta to her car, which was in the train station's parking garage. Her dog Lena was in there. Lena is a really cute dog. She is a mix breed, part Saint Bernard and another part German Shepherd. 
Sort of like this, but much older. About 10 I think...?
Super cute dog. Apparently, Uta saved her from this demonic farmer who instead of taking the time to get his dog fixed he would just kill of her pups. Isn't that disgusting? So this is how Lena came into Uta's life. Uta saved her. 
That farmer should die a very painful death. I hate him. 


(15 minutes later: I apologize for getting distracted on Facebook...)
As I mentioned before, Lena was in the back and she kept licking my ear. Apparently, she really liked me because she normally barks at strangers even if they are with Uta, but she didn't even make a sound when she saw me. I wonder what that means? Hmm... 
Uta kept asking me what I wanted from the store. Ok, I don't know if you've ever experienced this or feel the same way about this like I do, but when I'm staying at someone's house I feel kind of weird when they ask me what I want at the grocery store because I don't want that person buying a whole bunch of stuff for me.
So, yes, we went to the store and she bought me some food. Super nice Uta. She said that the bread is SO good in Germany. She said that it is so much better than Italian bread. This made me laugh because she is right, at least when it comes to Florence. Florence bread is disgusting because Florentines do not put salt in their bread. BREAD NEEDS SALT YOU WEIRDOS!!!
Oh yes, at it was also kind of funny because she really wanted to buy some tomatoes, but... the tomatoes were from Spain and she REFUSES to buy anything for Spain. Now, I totally remember asking her why this is, but I am blanking and am super duper jetlagged. It is worse tonight than it was the previous night. Ugh. 


I know I can 
I know I can 
I know I can


I actually think that helped somewhat... I mean, my headache went away a bit. 


(5 minutes later: Hahaha. Sorry, my brother posted this really bizarre video on Facebook...)


After the grocery store, Uta took me to her house. Her house is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. There are benefits to being an Interior Designer--you can decorate and design your house beautifully (Such a lame adjective, but I running low on brain power.
 You know when your computer or iPod has that thin red line, meaning it is nearing death? Yeah, well, that is me right now if I were to have a battery thing-a-ma-bobber-indicator-thingy.) Her house has beautiful (you've said that 3 times now Amanda, I think people are getting annoyed at your redundancy) wood floors, large picture frames (with pictures inside these picture frames, of course, not must picture frames), and long white curtains. 
This is Anton on the dinner table. 
Uta also has three kitties. The gray, fat one who sleeps ALL THE TIME is Anton (aka Tony... like West Side Story).
 The black, skinny one who likes to jump on the table and steal any sort of food from you is Miga. The shy one who always darts outside when I just LOOK at him is Sunny. 


Uta made me some lunch. We had salad. Man she made a good dressing with garlic. Um, I love garlic by the way. Not sure if you knew this or not. I can't marry a man who does not like garlic. Hahaha, one time (don't you dare say "...at band camp...") I was watching Oprah and Valerie Bertinelli was on and she said that the only reason she broke up with Steven Spielberg was because he didn't like garlic... Hahahahaha (as you can see off to the left... this makes me laugh). 


Yes, so the salad was good. 
I also at a lot of bread and some salami. 
It was quite delicious. 


I later set up my computer and got to skype my mother and then my family on my dad's side. The big Mormon clan. Oh yes, forgot to mention this, but that day was Thanksgiving. My whole dad's side of the family got together at my Grandma and Grandpa Yancey's house in St. George, Utah and guess who was missing?
Yep... me and my Aunt Heather and Uncle Mike. They were going to make it, but then my aunt got sick so she couldn't.
So, yes, I skyped them and it was super awesome and rather chaotic. My little cousins were running around all over the place and I talked to a bunch of my family members. 
It was a lot of fun. My cousin Jeremy said that I should have given Camillo's number (remember the Italian man who wanted to go out on a date with me?) to the missionaries. I just about peed my pants. 


Then Uta and I went to this Christmas market with her boyfriend Klaus. Germans have these really awesome Christmas markets late at night and they sell things like candy, yummy hot treats, and hot wine. The line for the hot wine was super long. It is cool because in the hot wine are things like orange peels and other things to make it taste good (brain dying here so sorry...). Klaus didn't speak any English, so Uta had to translate for us both. It was FREEZING there!!! I thought I was going to die. I wasn't used to that cold yet. It was in the 70's in Florence. Klaus bought me a bunch of food to try. I got a HUGE hot chocolate that was really quite delicious. I also got this thin slice of bread, well, it looked more like pizza crust with cream, cheese, bacon, and onions.
Ogres are like onions...
Now, here is the thing... I HATE onions, but I was being nice. I will tell you more about this later because I really am going to pass out now. I am going to die... later in the far, far, far future, but now I am going to crash on my bed and sleep. 
I will finish the rest of this story tomorrow in more detail...

No comments:

Post a Comment