Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Firenze Day 36: Midterms and Opera Singers

Ciao Ragazzi!


Quick side-note: I've noticed a pattern here... I write these blogposts every four days. Just something I've noticed. 


Anyhow...


This blog will be short. I can sense it. Know why?
Of course you don't know why.
It's because all I really have to tell you is how I studied for my midterms all weekend long. Yep, that's all I did. I studied, studied, studied until I was certain chunks of gray matter would be stuck to the wall. Yes, my brain felt that fried. I only had two midterms to study for: Italian 101 and Art History. 


OH! But I have to tell you something super exciting!!! I took a break from studying and checked my email. And guess what was in my inbox?
I'm not waiting for your guesses.
Chicken Soup for the Soul is publishing another story of mine!!! 
Whoop! Whoop! 


Ok back to the boring stuff. So, I studied and studied and studied and studied some more and then... Tuesday came. Then I took my midterms. I actually felt really good about Italian. I don't normally feel that good on my Italian test. Then Art History came and I felt fantastic on that! I felt good on everything except for the dates. I suck at remembering dates. 


After our Art History exam we went into San Lorenzo's church where the Medici family is buried. It was such a cool church, to say the least. There were a bunch of German architects students making sketches inside the church, learning from the best: Mr. Brunelleschi. Every measurement in the church is precise and is very proportional. Brunelleschi learned this from the Romans where he studied the design of the Pantheon. It was very fascinating. I learned that Saint Lawrence was burned on a grid... um, that's no fun. I also learned that Donatello, a good friend of Cosimo, is buried parallel to Cosimo. I found this to be incredibly interesting. 


Wow, Tuesday was yesterday. Weird. 
Ok, so last night we all got dressed up. Well, the girls looked super snazzy and elegant... me on the other-hand... well, I looked my normal self... like a dork. I wore a dress and... wait for it... tennis shoes. I'm one of those dorks who goes for practicality. It was raining so my Toms would only give me wet feet and blisters. Also, I have really bad feet and my shoes have these awesome inserts in them that help me survive. Yep. I have a picture so you can see I wasn't joking here. It might not be on here when I first publish this post because it was taken by someone else's camera. But once I get it I will definitely post it. 


Gorgeous models and... the dork in the tennis shoes.  
So, anyhow--there I go rambling again--we got dressed up and I went out to dinner at Gusto Leo with my two awesome friends (the same ones I went to Rome with). Once again, if you are planning on going to Florence... GO TO GUSTO LEO. They have the most delicious pizza EVER!!! Ok, after we went to Gusto Leo we walked (of course we walked, we always walk) to the Opera, which I believe was at this place called St. Marks Church. I was really surprised. I thought we were going to the theater, but no, it was a church. It was a much more intimate feeling. Not that many kids enjoyed it, but I did. I even picked up on some of the Italian words, which made me feel spiffy. This is first song we heard. I recognized it from Twilight (strangely enough), it is in the scene where Edward takes Bella to his house. 




Yep, afterwards we walked home. The girls got some gelato (I didn't. I need to save money.) and then we all hung out at the Santa Croce at night. It was fun. 
Then I went home and went to bed. Yep. Super exciting. 


Arrivederci! 


~Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment